Port Hole Ring Installation
NOTE: We sell the HOLZ, Drum O's and Gibraltar brand "Port Hole Rings". These instructions can be used for any of these ring products.
piece: (flat piece)
1. Get your drum head
2.Find the area on the drumhead where ring is to be installed.
Leave at least a 2” margin from the outside edge of the
drumhead to the ring
3. Clean the area of the drumhead where ring is to be placed using
alcohol swab. Then wipe surface until dry with a soft cotton cloth.
4. Place the drum head, rim edge up, on clean level surface.
5. Remove protective waxed paper ring on the female piece.
Do not touch the exposed gasket
6. Place the Ring female piece, gasket side down, on the area
of the head selected. Press firmly, making surethat the glue
adheres completely and evenly. Check for air gaps on the clear
heads by examining the opposite side of the head.
- Now cut
1. Lift head from the table. Using a knife that is sharp.
(a pocket knife works great) make the incision from the front
of the head up against and parrellel to the inside edge of
the Ring female piece.
2. At an approximate 20 degree angle to the Ring cut along
the inside edge of the female piece. Make sure not to cut
into the plastic Ring piece. Complete the circle and remove
the hole. Never force the cut hole out as it will destroy
1. Clean front of drum head where Ring is with alcohol then
wipe dry with cotton rag.
2. Remove protective waxed paper ring on the Ring male piece.
Moisten gasket and snap lip with alcohol. This allows the
male piece to slip easily into place and glue better.
3. Place male ring face down on the table. Fit one side of
the female ring under the lip of the snap groove on the male
ring. Make sure the female ring edge is pushed Completely
under the lip of the snap groove on the male ring. The two
ring edges must line up.
4. Using one hand, hold female ring edge firmly under lip
of snap groove on the male ring. Using free hand, press around
the female ring until the entire ring is locked under the
snap groove lip, and your done.